TSNY Statement on COVID-19
UPDATED SUNDAY, MARCH 15th:
The health and safety of the TSNY-CHI community is our top priority. As the situation around the Novel Coronavirus continues to escalate, we have determined that it is in everyone’s best interest to close for all classes and events from Sunday, March 15th through Tuesday, March 31st. This decision has been made in an abundance of caution.
Our current plan is to reopen on April 1st, but we will continue to monitor the recommendations of the WHO, the CDC, and local public health authorities, and will communicate any changes to that plan as they develop.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Stay well, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Dear Members of the TSNY Community,
At TSNY, we take your personal health and safety very seriously. You may have some growing concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and we wanted to inform you of the steps TSNY is taking to help keep the rig a healthy and safe place:
- Increased handwashing and hand sanitizers. Hand-washing is your best self-defense against the spread of germs. We are asking all students and staff to wash hands before entering the rig and again any time you leave and re-enter the space. As a backup, please use the antibacterial hand sanitizer that we are providing in several areas around the rig.
- Please stay home if you are sick or if you have potentially been exposed. If you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, are coughing or sneezing or are experiencing shortness of breath we ask that you take care of yourself and stay home. Also, if your school, office, church, or community organization closes due to potential COVID-19 exposure, please stay home for as long as your school / office / church / community organization remains closed or until you receive a clean bill of health from your healthcare provider.
- Staff members have been instructed to stay home when sick or if notified of potential exposure.
- Reschedule your class. If you are sick, have been potentially exposed, or are an individual with a high risk of complications from contracting COVID-19, please call the office (773) 484-8861 or email us at email@example.com and we will assist you in rescheduling your class. If a student shows up with symptoms of illness, the staff will politely ask them to leave.
- Cleaning equipment and communal areas. Our instructors are wiping down equipment and communal areas with sanitizing wipes at least daily.
- Help us by being vigilant. Please continue to follow guidance on the CDC website and the WHO website.
TSNY continues to closely monitor updates from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization regarding COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and public health officials, and we will update you as new information becomes available.
We are committed to keeping the rig a safe and healthy place for our flying family. We recognize that exercise is an important part of staying healthy, both physically and mentally, during stressful times like these, and will continue to be there for our community.